Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Women Submitting?

On Sunday, a female friend was lobbying my husband for something she wanted accomplished at synodical convention next week. I disagreed. She asked me why and I explained the reasons. She disagreed.

She continued to press Gary to agree with her. Then I suggested that if Gary did it, he might come home to find the doors locked and the locks changed. ;-)

Our friend did NOT approve of that. She said that women are supposed to submit to their husbands. She said the husband was the head and that he should be making his own decisions.

It didn't occur to me until today: isn't it odd that he's supposed to listen to her, but not to me?

3 comments:

  1. lol. I think the only "safe" answer is ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were exercising your God-given vocation as helpmeet. What was she exercising????

    ReplyDelete