Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thinker?

Jane (the one who arm-twisted me into blogging) nominated me for a Thinking Blogger award.

I'm not sure that I'm eligible, or that I'm even capable of joining in. I've been diligently trying to AVOID thinking. There are blogs I love to read but have been trying to discipline myself to avoid, or to check in very infrequently. I cook and I wash the clothes, I say my prayers and do schoolwork with the kids, and sometimes I clean house or do some editing. But thinking? That takes time. And effort. And gosh darn it, it's FUN and I can go overboard with it. So I've been trying so hard not to think and just do what I'm given to do. And here comes Jane, trying to get me to list the blogs that I enjoy that make me think. Oy!

The rules are
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so everyone can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Given that Jane, Pr Stuckwisch, and Barbara were all tagged this week, I guess I'm not allowed to have them on my list (although I would've chosen them). So I think I will bestow the award on the blogs that I succumb to even though they make me think more than I wish to think:

Pastor Esget
Pastor Petersen
Pastor Weedon
Elephant's Child
Emily

3 comments:

  1. What? Who, me??

    It must have been the Doo-dah News ticker that sent you over the edge.

    Thanks, Susan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan! I try not to think too much also - I only end up winding myself in knots when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan! Like you, I'm not sure I qualify ... but I'm honored by your praise.

    ReplyDelete