Monday, July 09, 2007

Accident

Things are quiet here today and tears have been shed. Maggie and I were headed out to do the weekly errands, and when I moved the car I heard a very loud cat-cry. I'm not sure what I hit, or with what wheel, or how it happened, but Rosie was injured. She cannot walk, and there's been bleeding from damage to internal organs.

She fell off the piano last week and bomped her way down, hitting the keys, the bench, and the pedals. When she'd somewhat recuperated from that, she slipped on the injured leg and messed it up again. And then last week she also fell in one of her crazy antics and got caught [hanged] in the cord to the blinds, from which she was instantaneously rescued.

Just yesterday my little goddaughter Lily and her sister Claire were pointing out that a kitty was missing from Pastor B's house. I assured them that the kitty was fine and was living at my house now. And now look what I've done.

If Rosie manages to sleep this off and recuperate (which I doubt) she will not have very many more of those nine lives left to squander.

5 comments:

  1. The poor kitty!

    Give Maggie and Andrew hugs from me and Hero... I hope she gets better- she's a sweet little kitten...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the sad news. It isn't hard for me to imagine the sort of tears that have been shed. I hope it all turns out for the best, for your children's sake. Such things were hard on me, too, when I was lad. And I've dealt with it in the case of my own children. I remember that my Nicholai's gerbil got out and died the same week as 9/11/01, and for him, at that point in his young life, the events of that week were not a greater tragedy than that of his poor little pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, I can sure understand Nicholai's distress over his pet and how that was bigger than massive world events. There are things we should've done today, but somehow just sitting and petting the kitten overshadowed the things that probably are more important.

    You know what I discovered today? There's nothing in the Pastoral Care Companion about the loss of pets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this makes me so very, very sad!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your kitten. I hope she makes it through, the loss of a pet can be so very hard.

    ReplyDelete