Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gone for a While

Three kids have moved to Milwaukee. It wasn't hard for me to say goodbye to them when they were only 50-80 minutes away. But today we help pack up a kid who'll be going two states away. This is going to be different.

At least I can look forward to food, wine, chocolate, and giggling friends this weekend. It just so happened that the U-Haul unloading weekend landed on the same day, in the same city, as the Mamapalooza with a bunch of homeschooling friends. Helping the kids with packing/unpacking is how I'm justifying my goof-off trip. I feel a little guilty for leaving my husband to cook for the crew, and to fetch my broken car back from the mechanic, and to do my paper route for me. And I feel guilty for stalling on the next physics chapter and starting the Algebra 2 book with Paul. But I can justify it for now by claiming that I'm helping Nathan and Katie. Yes I am. I don't want to indulge myself with friends. No. Of course not. I'm just doing it to be nice to the kids.

(Do ya buy that??)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I buy it. :)

    And I'm so glad that it works out this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your longsuffering and your selflessness...

    Pick you up around 5:45??

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    We are glad you are there to help, since we can't be.

    Indulge yourself, you deserve it!!!

    Lu

    ReplyDelete