Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Entertainment


A hundred years ago, people did not have tv, movies, or video games.

But they did not spay their cats either. I think watching little kitties is all the entertainment anybody would ever need! We've had so much fun the last couple of days, watching Rosie attempt to master skills, explore her new environment, and just be cute. There's just nothing to do but laugh gleefully when the kitten suddenly pops out of nowhere and tears madly through the house, practicing her Bursts Of Speed. Or when she decides she MUST learn to run up the stairs with gracefulness, but keeps missing and bonking her head when she didn't jump high enough. And yet she perseveres.

Maybe instead of valium and antidepressants, we need more KITTENS to nap in our laps and entertain us with their antics. Hooray for kittens! (Hmm. Maybe we shouldn't get Rosie spayed when she's older, after all.)

5 comments:

  1. Ah. the mighty hunter. Hearing your description of the kitty antics brings to mind all the fun we had with our kittens through the years. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittens are so entertaining! Ben--big cat that he is--still manages to keep us laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago I had 2 cats that provided hours of entertainment for me. Then I found out why I didn't feel well...I'm allergic to cats! They are delightful pets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember the HOURS AND HOURS that Nanna and Gramp spent sitting out watching their kittens on the farm. It was their ususal summer evening entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, I remember, Mom! I guess Nanna would've said that I "come by it honest."
    :-)

    ReplyDelete