Monday, June 11, 2007

Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!

Andrew has been such a help recently. He has been growing up and maturing. He's also been yearning desperately for a cat of his own for about 4-5 years. So on Saturday (somewhat as a reward) we brought home the sister of Rachel and Matt's kitty.

Rachel tells us that Hero is the lively one and Rosie is the calm one. It's been fun, watching Rosie play and explore and learn, and then flop down exhausted and snooze. One of the kids exclaimed, "And Rachel says this is the CALM one?" Yup yup yup: that's how toddlers are!

Rosie is named in honor of Samwise Gamgee's fair bride. For pictures, check out my husband's very first blog post that's not about theology.

4 comments:

  1. We've had to lock Hero out of our bedroom every night, because she's intent on playing, even if it's just having fierce battle with our hair as we (try unsuccessfully) to sleep.

    She cries when we close the door, but she'll learn eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe that this (or Gary's post) isn't about theology.

    Everything is always about theology.

    And as Dr. Preus used to say, all theology is practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, okay, okay, you win. LOL! EVERYTHING is about theology. Even sitting around, watching new kittens play and be cute cute CUTE.

    Rachel, I guess we did get the calm one. Rosie's been in our bedroom at night because it's the closest one to the litter box and thus where she started out as her "home base." But she lets us sleep at night. I was surprised, though, at one point last night. I thought she was on a blanket on the floor. When I rolled over, suddenly there was a deep-throated growl. Apparently I'd come close to squashing her little footsies. She'd managed to get on the bed, crawl under my pillow, and set up her bed between Dad's and my pillows. And woe to the person who should take up human-space on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dare I ask for more (clearer?) pictures? The ones on dad's blog make it look like she doesn't have a tail.

    If you want the picture I took of you and dad at the wedding, just drop me a note :-)

    ReplyDelete