Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Silver Chair

When I first read the whole Narnia series, I loved it. There were stories in the series I liked better than others, of course.

The thing I've found, though, is that one of my less-favorite books, the Silver Chair, is the one I'm growing to love more than ever. It touches on the idea about repeatedly reciting the words from God. And there's so much in there about believing the Word against all evidence to the contrary. And doing what Aslan called them to do, regardless of the outcome. And of course, Aslan's faithfulness to them in spite of their failure to obey. And Puddleglum's declaration that he would prefer to live in his imaginary world with a sun than in the "real" underground world of the queen.

When Maggie pops that BBC show into the VCR, I hear something new and rich each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment