Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Quick Update

I was gone for four days, helping kids move and playing with friends. (Jane and Polly have pictures.) Back here for two days, then out of town for three more, back home for one, and out of town for another day. Lots to do next week, but no trips more than 90 minutes away. Phew!

In the two days between trips, I
did laundry,
changed the bedding,
cleaned the house,
caught up on some undone dishes from the weekend,
answered the phone for church a lot,
did the weekly errands and shopping,
chatted with grown-up kids,
caught up on mail,
made gumbo (which makes for happy dinner companions, who thus are not sapping my energy by pretending -unsucessfully- not to be dissatisfied with their food),
played Apples to Apples,
made bread,
did some schoolwork with the kids (but only a couple of hours),
repaired some damage to the garden,
did the banking and took care of the bills and budget.

Almost everybody had places to be this afternoon, and I was going to be home alone for several hours. I had hoped to spend a lovely afternoon luxuriating by editing out in the sunshine and fresh cool air. Andrew told me that I always have too much on the to-do list and never finish it when I have a few hours to myself. He's right. I looked at that list and tried to tell myself that it was going to be okay (yes, really, it would be okay!) when I got to the end of the day and had accomplished less than a third of the items. But -- amazingly enough! -- the list is nearly done. And I'm thrilled. So now I'm ready for symposium and also for an ordination this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment