Friday, July 24, 2009

Grapes Done

Those tiny little grape vines took off growing faster than I'd anticipated. I think I must still have poor impressions of garden-possibilities based on the clay soil of our previous home, and that blasted Bambi that nipped off my blueberry shrub so many years ago. A few weeks ago Gary put up the fenceposts for the grapes. Yesterday Andrew and I put up the horizontal bars. Paul contributed by mowing the whole lawn himself. Maggie contributed by helping me find 1x2s that were only $1.29 each. And Gary contributed by coming out with the camera while I was trimming off the ends of the bars.Two of the grape vines are above the bottom bar, and the middle vine has nearly reached the second bar. Now my big challenge is going to be to prune it hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment