Friday, July 24, 2009

Fire Hazard

Andrew brought out the extension cord yesterday for the power drill as we were putting up the supports for the grape vines. As we tried to unroll it out to the garden, it wouldn't cooperate. The insulation on the wires was sticky. As we continued to remove the stuck-together cord, some of it was in such bad shape that the insulation had melted away to almost nothing.

Well, we know now to make sure that we unroll the cord whenever it's used. The heat of the electricity zooming around in there, still coiled, was just more heat than the insulation could bear.

Makes me wonder about the safety of all those coiled audio wires and electric wires that I see so many places.

No comments:

Post a Comment