Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More Wedding Pictures



The pictures from Katie and Nathan's wedding are now on the computer. Gary set up the screen saver to rotate through the pictures in the computer. And I can't even begin to express how CHEERFUL it is to have these pictures flitting past all day. I hate turning off the computer screen now! It was such a beautiful day as far as weather, and so relaxed, and I knew everybody there, and it was a fun party. The ultimate no-stress wedding. I love the greenness of the grapes and trees and lawn and ethanol patch cornfield. I love the pictures of the potato cannon. This one had a shutter-speed fast enough to catch the potato. But Bethany or Lynea had a superb picture (on facebook where I only got a glimpse via Rachel) of Katie kneeling to shoot the cannon. I think that one was my very favorite picture from the whole day; it captured the light-heartedness of the whole day, with the bride kneeling on the grass firing a potato cannon into the corn. And notice what's in Gary's hand in the last picture: one of the pastors brought along an advance copy of LSB. (I tell you, that's cruelty to wave a new hymnal under the nose of a hymn addict when she's got loads of friends there to cook for and chat with. LOL.)

Now, I just need to figure out how I get a hold of Rachel's wedding pictures and get them onto the computer too, so these wretched children of mine will quit pestering me about how Katie is my FAVORITE because all the pictures are of her and her wedding. But when I do get them, I think that I'll still have a special spot in my heart for the pictures of Kate's wedding, because they're just such happy pictures with the outdoors and the tent and the balloons and the silliness.

3 comments:

  1. If you'd like, I can bring along a one of the picture cds (and maybe the wedding video?) when I come to church on Sunday.

    I'll be at early service again, because I'm heading down to Stephanie & Noah's anniversary party afterwards(they got married a couple weeks after we did, but didn't do the big party then...). I can't wait to see them, but a drive to Chicago suburbs is daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one of my favorite pictures from my wedding was the one Maia took of me playing the stick game in my dress. I should ask her and Paul for a copy sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Rachel, bring the CD. And I never saw the video, so that might be fun to watch too. I think we'll be at early service too. And, yes!, ask Maia for the picture. The stick game would be a comparable picture to the potato cannon -- sure to be a winner!

    Looking this morning at the pictures I plunked on the blog, I realized that they're very unrepresentative of the wedding. There's not even a picture of Nathan anywhere. But I wasn't looking for wedding pictures. My point in this post was more about the looks of the pictures: the prettiness of the yard, and the laughing faces, and the dancing and Belegarth and frisbee and water guns and potato-shooting and swings. I absolutely adore the picture of Nathan's grandparents sitting on the couch in the backyard; it is such a nice picture and so cheery and comfortable. And then Philip tells me that "white trash" has couches out in the yard. Oh well -- for one day it made a nice sittin' area where people could talk and relax away from the music and the outrageous bubbly laughter.

    ReplyDelete