Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brakes

My bike wouldn't slow down properly. Sure, I could get it stopped, but not like I should've been able to. Brakes like this were the reason we finally had to put Zippy (the Toyota) out of her slow-death misery.

So I got new brake pads and installed them myself. I was impressed with myself! The brakes improved, but still needed help.

So I lubricated the calipers. Myself. But not one single bit of improvement.

So I got online and read up on how to make the brakes pinch the wheels tighter. I found the information. I found the screw-piece on the brake cables. I adjusted. All by myself. And now my brakes work just right! Yeee haw!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, that's awesome. I don't know if that would have been my way of doing it, it might have gone more like "Paul, can you help me?" :) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete