Friday, April 25, 2008

Too Much Computer

With moving there has been so much need to spend time sitting at the computer, reading. And that seems to draw a person away from Real Life and be kinda sorta depressing (in spite of the fact that I enjoy the computer time). There's setting up online accounts for banking and mortgage. There's finding new stores and directions to them. There's hunting up information for drivers ed and making appointments online for behind-the-wheel. There's all the research and study to learn how to fix the sump-pump discharge (and which fixes to avoid because of freezing temps in winter), and how to fix the pool, and how to fix the fridge and the stove and the water heater and all the other things that have been needing repairs over the last several months. There's researching water softener and water heater possibilities. I probably ought to ban myself from the computer for a few weeks, but then how would I get the information to do what needs done around here? The big problem is that self control seems to be the best answer to computer time ... and I know how that tends to go.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny... because when I spend more than a couple of hours away from the computer, I tend to start thinking, "Oh man, I have so much I need to get done. I really need to get back to the computer and stop ignoring real life." ;-)

    It's a different world... makes me wonder how my kids are going to see the world as they grow up.

    ReplyDelete