Friday, April 25, 2008

No Stress

Andrew and I briefly tooled around the neighborhood -- not taking out any mailboxes -- yesterday afternoon. Today while the clothes were at the laundromat, we went in circles around the quiet neighborhood near church, in a downpour no less. I did the driving on the busy roads between home and the laundromat and church. But as we approached home with our baskets of clean clothes, I realized that I was not stressed. Not at all! I'd just spent 20-25 minutes in the car with a brand spankin' new driver, and there was no stress.

Andrew suggested that this is a sad commentary on just how stressful life is for me these days, that teaching driving is SO easy compared to the other four times I've done it.

I prefer to think that this is a happy commentary on what a good driver Andrew is. (No offense, R, Ph, K, P. It's just that he's got a different environment to do his initial driving in -- at 20 mph instead of 45 like y'all did.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan! I am right there with ya! Hanna just got her permit, and I am wayyyyy less stressed letting her drive. Funny how getting older helps these things huh? I am glad I am mellowing out somewhat...;-) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so it's not a stress-comparison, and it's not Andrew's good driving. It's just that I'm mellowing with old age? I don't know whether that's good (the not-getting-stressed part) or bad (the OLD part). :-)

    ReplyDelete