Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Antidote to Parfume d'Skunk

I tried really hard not to TOUCH ANYTHING as I disposed of his poor little lawn-wreckin' body. But it didn't work. When I came in from the cornfield, Paul's nose wrinkled. I was pretty sure it was only on my hands, and I'd been careful to open doors with my wrists or elbows instead of hands. I tried the peroxide cure, and it worked fabulously. I didn't need a whole batch just for hand-washing, so I used

half a cereal-bowl of hydrogen peroxide
about a Tablespoon of baking soda
a tiny squirt of Dawn dish soap.

Boy, it stings the eczema, but it definitely gets rid of skunk smell!

With a nice strong breeze today, and with the carcass downwind, I thought the smell was gone. Apparently we're desensitized. The UPS man just showed up with a package ... and asked about skunk in the yard. Oh well......

No comments:

Post a Comment