Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Today's Laugh

On our flight last week, our landing in Sacramento was ... well ... interesting. Having barely flown in my life, I wasn't sure whether the fast & hard braking and the wobbliness of the plane was normal. It was a tad worrisome, but I thought it was just me. When several passengers around us began to comment, I realized that the pilot had indeed taken it a bit fast. So this joke rang true for me:


The airline had a policy that required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited. He was to smile and give them a "Thanks for flying XYZ airline."

An airline pilot on this particular flight hammered his plane into the runway really hard. In light of his bad landing, he had difficulty looking the passengers in the eye; all the time he thought that a passenger would have a smart comment. However, it seemed that all the passengers were too shell-shocked to say anything.

Finally, everyone had gotten off except for this little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?"

"Why no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?"

The little old lady said, "Did we land, or were we shot down?"

No comments:

Post a Comment