Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Holiday

Coming home from a long and emotionally exhausting trip last week, I was not in the best of moods and needed to laugh. Gary and I spent Thursday evening watching The Holiday, a romantic comedy about two women from very different places in life who share one thing in common: just having broken up with jerks. They trade houses for a couple of weeks so they each can take a break from home. The movie was cute and funny and definitely worth staying up late for!

Seems to me that an R-rating might have been more appropriate, and you have to get past the parts that refer to sleazy activities (but at least they're not showing the sleazy stuff).

The fun parts were watching the British girl revel in the huge house she borrowed from the American girl, the relationships the British girl found while staying in L.A., and the American girl's impatience with the small cottage and loneliness in England ... until she found a fellow who turned out to be a lot nicer than the guys she was accustomed to.

This is one I think I might need to see again.

3 comments:

  1. The other night Brad and I watched part of Blades of Glory again. Horribly crude, but reminds me of Caleb and is roll around on the floor funny. Sometimes I need a bit of junk food for my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holiday is worth watching just for Rose Hill Cottage, and Cameron Diaz's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even notice her clothing. Oops. That shows my fashion sense, I guess. But Rose Hill Cottage ... oh, yes, that was BEAUTIFUL.

    I think I saw parts of Blades of Glory when Gary was watching it once. And yeah, I think I'd agree with your comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete