Tuesday, January 13, 2009

M. P.

For several days, Maggie kept asking if we could watch Monty Python. Uh, I don't think we own any Monty Python movies. If we did, I'm not sure whether they'd be appropriate for Maggie. Besides, I just can't imagine her asking to watch Monty Python. It was such a confusing request, and I kept giving an adamant "NO!"

Finally one day she asked how long we'd had that Monty Python movie from Netflix. But we don't have a Monty Python movie. We only had a documentary on English kings and Mary Poppins.

Mary Poppins.

M. P.

Is that what she meant by "Monty Python"?

Yes. Central auditory processing disorder strikes again!

2 comments:

  1. And you are probably right... she wouldn't really enjoy the other one I don't think. I don't enjoy it, but Mary Poppins, I can get into that movie quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what CAPD was, but your story illustrates it perfectly. Now I've looked up, too, (but not on snopes or wikipedia!) so I feel smarter.

    Being deaf in one ear, I sometimes make the same sorts of mistakes, especially in situations with lots of background noise. I can't filter the various kinds of noise as well as most!

    ReplyDelete