Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shopping

I hate shopping.
Going to the store to buy the weekly groceries is bad enough. But there is no time to do it during the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, the stores are crowded with people who are shopping for groceries for the holiday, and all I want to do is restock my pantry with the regular items that have been depleted by the eaters in my house. And on Friday and Saturday, I do not want to get ANYWHERE near any area where there are any stores of any kind.

But I need eggs.
And Maggie needs shoes.
I've been putting this off for days...

and the crowdedness of the stores is only getting worse as the week passes.


Note to self: I should be thankful that there IS a store where I can buy shoes for my child, and that I have money to do so. Nevertheless, it sure is easier to stock up big-time 8-9 days prior to the holiday, and then not venture toward the store until 3-4 days post-holiday.

2 comments:

  1. We went to Kohls yesterday to pick up underwear and socks, it was great! There was virtually no one there so we could browse through the clearance racks to find exactly what we needed. We walked right up to the checkout and there was no wait. That's the way I like to shop.

    Since we were already in the city we stopped at both Sam's Club and Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. Neither place was any busier than normal. I thought it was going to be horrible but they had so many checkstands open that there wasn't a wait which was a nice change. Maybe grocery shopping won't be all that bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I have to get milk and cat food tomorrow before work. This means entering a store before noon on Black Friday. Aah!

    ReplyDelete