Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tag!

Okay, I'm slow. Angie tagged me to play a long time ago, during symposium, right before VBS, and I was not keeping up very well on blogs right then.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

That was about the time I had the good garden because Beau (a borrowed horse) had spent a few months fertilizing a portion of the yard over winter. I was homeschooling one high-schooler, three grade-schoolers, and a kindergartner, and had just finished a short stint with Maggie going to a speech therapist. It was also the summer that Pr Fenton suggested I needed a father-confessor that I wasn't married to, and he and my husband helped me find one. I was also just beginning to discover what it was like to have all my children weaned and not be pregnant -- weird at the time.


2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (in no particular order)?
*return videos to Blockbuster
*pick cherries and turn them into something delicious
*buy rechargeable batteries for the battery-eating camera
*ask the neighbor for permission to have a dump truck use his driveway for access to our septic tank, bringing in more top-soil after the dirt settled around the new tanks
*move the email addresses from the old computer to the new one

3. Snacks I enjoy:
tortilla chips with guacamole
warm chocolate-chip cookies
fruit smoothies


4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Pay off kids' student loans.
Pay off the house, and have Gary quit his cubicle job to do something else.
Give a whole lot of money to church and to some libraries.

Travel more.
Freely spend money on organic foods and raw milk products.
Buy an Aqua-massage for our home.
And a pool WITH a pool-boy.
Come up with a business where I could hire homeschooled teens.



5. Places I have lived:
central Illinois
River Forest
St Louis
Mississippi for a year
three different places in Wisconsin


6. Jobs I have had:
worked at two fast-food restaurants
printer at two print-shops
lots of maid work during college & sem
one year of in-home day-care
typing theses and term papers
paper routes (motor routes and foot routes)
supervision of paper-carriers


7. People I would like to know more about (in no particular order):
I lost track of who's been tagged for this and who hasn't. I think Rachel and Katie could still be tagged. I don't think I saw Paula's answers, so she may not have been tagged yet. How about Melody and Laura? (I'm getting old enough that I can't remember if I saw responses to this meme in the last couple of weeks or if it was a year ago.)

No comments:

Post a Comment