Friday, July 11, 2008

Nothing to Show for It

I spent most of the day trying to figure out which pictures and crucifixes and icons should go on what walls in which rooms, and which should be packed away for a while or maybe even given away altogether.

Oooooooh, my brain is tired!
I don't do pretty.
Trying to make things pretty is exhausting!

I'd try to figure things out, and then escape to go start the bread kneading. Then I'd look at the walls and ponder some more, and then go hide by doing some picking up. Help, help! Any chore so as to procrastinate on the "making things pretty" duty. Eeeeeks!

Andrew had a friend over this evening. When his mom dropped him off, she said she would LOVE to help and give advice and make those kinds of decisions. I think I'm gonna take her up on her offer. I've narrowed down which pictures must be put up, and which are expendable, and which ones just do NOT go with those red walls in the living room. But overall, I could only figure out a couple items on my own that I'm quite satisfied with. And my daddy taught me to be very slow and deliberate about deciding to put holes in the wall for pictures! So I don't want to rush into anything (only 4½ months after we bought the house....)

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny... I am sitting here in my basement, where as soon as I possibly could, I got our stuff back on the walls after we painted. The wall hangings got rearranged and sorted out, but I just couldn't stop with the "remodel" until the walls were decorated again! I guess I rushed into it. :-) Enjoy decorating!

    ReplyDelete