Monday, March 17, 2008

Raw Milk

Kids with vcfs have rotten teeth. Some even have dentures by their early 20s. I think every mom of a vcfs kid knows what it's like to be scolded by the dentist or hygienist for not taking good enough care of her kid's teeth. Even after having five kids with good healthy teeth, it's like suddenly the dentist thought I was giving kid#6 a baby bottle full of Pepsi all day, and never brushing her teeth. Maggie would normally have 2 or 3 cavities per semi-annual visit, sometimes 4, and if we were lucky "only 1."

We began drinking raw milk a year and a half ago. Not only has that helped with allergies, but Maggie has not had ANY cavities in the last three visits to the dentist! But we've moved. Where will I find raw milk conveniently available? Can't exactly keep goats or a jersey in the back yard of a subdivision....

5 comments:

  1. There is a raw milk source in Rubicon (just a smidget NW of Hartford).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank, Lotza. I have heard about that one. It charges a lot more than I want to pay -- but I'm willing to pay it if I can't find something cheaper. I don't know how far it is, though. From the map, it looks like it could be a half-hour drive one-way. But if I have to, I have to. I'm just hoping to find something more convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,

    If you've already been doing the raw milk thing, you probably already know about the following website (Real Milk, Weston A. Price foundation.) Just in case you didn't, here is the URL for a raw milk supplier locator page.

    http://www.realmilk.com/where1.html

    Hope you can find a convenient and affordable one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you can't keep a pet goat or two? You might want to check out "Bella's" comments on Amazon's customer review of Joel Salatin's book "You Can Farm". A couple (female) Nigerian Dwarf goats would make great pets!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Dwarf_%28goat%29
    Lynet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was going to post, but I see that the gals beat me to the punch on that. If those don't pan out, I will see if I can rustle up any contacts through those that we know in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete