Friday, March 21, 2008

John 18:4

Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, "Whom are you seeking?"

He knew all that would come upon Him for the rest of the evening and the next day. And yet He did not shy away from the soldiers but approached them. As Jesus told the Pharisees earlier (Jn 10), "I lay down my life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again."

A Lamb goes uncomplaining forth,
the guilt of all men bearing,
and laden with the sins of earth,
none else the burden sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment