Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Rise, My Soul"

I've been wanting to think aloud here, musing on the things I heard at the Gerhardt symposium last week. But I've barely been home since we returned from vacation, and there's this little situation of laundry and unpacking and getting back into the swing of things, as well as preparing for our daughter's wedding next week. So in the meantime, I want to jump up and down and say, "Ooooh, oooooh, ooooh! Everybody go check out Pastor Esget's blog every day for the next 17 days!" He's posting one stanza per day of Dr Kleinig's translation of a marvelous Gerhardt hymn -- one I'm going to need to memorize. Of the whole symposium, I thought Kleinig's two lectures were the highlight. And the second one was even better than the first. Part of his second lecture involved discussing this particular hymn and the theology behind it. So go read it! And sing it! And learn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment