Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bugs

On those few warm days we had a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the centipedes had gotten really bad in the basement again. But then we dropped down to freezing temps, and the situation improved. But now we're having nice, pretty, warm days again, and they're back. Walking on centipede corpses (or the live bodies that you are turning into corpses as you be the Bigfoot Godzilla tromping on the little dudes) sounds like walking on a floor littered with potato chips. All that crunching... yuck!

The Asian beetles are back too, but not in such massive numbers as the box elder bugs. It's just plain disgusting when bugs crawl on you, in bed, during the middle of the night. Yuck again! We've sprayed so much poison in the south end of the house that I can taste it. We bought bombs but can't find a time until next weekend when we can all be out of the house for the necessary amount of time for them to take effect. I'm hoping that within a week this will all be a bad memory.

2 comments:

  1. There was a centipede on the floor in the bathroom while I was showering today.

    So gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ants are finding their way into my kitchen again. I think they have a hidden map somewhere. I left out some borax honey for them today. Take That Creepy Crawlies.

    ReplyDelete