Saturday, September 30, 2006

But I Didn't Sign Up!

It's one of those days I hate being a pastor's wife.

Today is the annual turkey-dinner fundraiser at church. I think it would be best if those sort of things were not needed; I think the members should actually give enough in offerings that they don't have to "play restaurant" to come up with operating funds. But the last few years I've helped with the dinner, and it's been okay.

This year I didn't sign up. There were reasons that I felt like I just couldn't do it this year, partially because of being out of town all day yesterday, and partially because of the upcoming surgery.

Then this morning I was told that my husband, my children, and I are all working in the carry-out portion of this fundraising dinner. If I weren't married to the pastor, I'd just tell them that I wasn't doing it. When I told them I hadn't signed up, they told me that Pastor had signed me up. Well, he didn't. But now what am I supposed to do? This totally botches up the things I have to get accomplished today.

1 comment:

  1. LOL.....I spent our first year devoting my attention to making sure my one year old cyclone didn't do any permanent damage to church property, so I spent a whole year saying no.

    I did have to clarify when I had been put into a role that there was no way I could do that.

    Now they don't ask, and they are pleasantly surprised when I offer.

    It's a nice method. I like it.

    And only a few people hate me. :)

    ReplyDelete