Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sinus Rinse

Stores sell packets of sinus rinse for people with allergies or sinus infections. But if you want to use a neti-pot or a sinus-rinse kit, there's a cheaper way to do it.

The harder way: combine equal parts of baking soda and table salt. Use about 1/4 or 1/3 teaspoon per 8 ounces of water. That would be similar to what's in one of those 11-cents-each packets.

The easy way: just use 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon of salt in your water.

Much cheaper.
And you don't have to mess with the little packets.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff just got me a neti-pot as a belated Valentine's Day present since I have been feeling miserable for the past week. I was absolutely terrified of it at first, but after using it I already feel MUCH better.

    Best Valentine's Day present ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Not exactly the most romantic Valentines present. But breathing is nice. Feeling good is nice. And I'm SO glad it helped you out. (And it's a whole lot more romantic than my & Gary's valentine day! LOL.)

    ReplyDelete