Saturday, August 02, 2008

Oatmeal Muffins

This is from Barb Wieting, and Jane asked for the recipe today. Since I'm not sure if Rachel and Katie have it (and I know they'll need it), I figured I'd post it here.

One dozen.
Greased muffin tins.
400° for about 12 minutes.

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup sour milk
Soaks oats in sour milk 10-15 minutes. (Shorter is okay if you're substituting quick oats.)

Stir in
1 egg
1/2 cup olive oil

Combine in small bowl:
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder

Mix dry ingredients into wet. Stir just a bit, till all is moistened. Scoop batter into muffin tin, and bake.


Reasonably healthy as muffins go. Not overly sweet, but have that caramelly taste that comes from brown sugar. Quick and easy. And uses up some of that sour milk that sometimes ends up taking space in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. These were soooo yummy and very satisfying. May I suggest an accompanying fruit smoothie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the bran muffin recipe?
    I have a whole bunch of bran flakes just waiting to be mixed up and sit in my fridge for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete