Friday, June 06, 2008

Tornado Sirens

This sound filled the air. "What is that?" About the time I began to suspect it was a tornado warning, Paul walked in the door, coming home from work, saying that Mark Belling was interrupted on the radio to announce tornadoes.

I CANNOT SEE THE HORIZON HERE.

This is driving me nuts. There's bad weather, and I have to rely on somebody setting off the sirens? And how do I know if the officials are crying wolf or if there's really danger? I cannot see the full sky now that I live in town!

Seventeen years ago I remember worrying, as spring and "weather" arrived, that there were no tornado sirens out in the country to warn me of dangerous weather. And today I worry that, even though there are sirens, I cannot see the sky and depend on my own two eyes and knowledge of the clouds and weather patterns.

2 comments:

  1. That would be very distressing! Just yesterday a local tornado alarm was going off (not ours) and we could tell that we weren't exactly doomed by looking at the sky. Also our tornado alarm is usually tested every first thursday in the month. Of course I'm the only one who remembers that so things can get quite comical around here-once a month during the summer. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And God continues to guard and protect us from all evil,,,whether in the city or in the country.

    ReplyDelete