Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One of Those Days

Started off at the laundromat, and the machine did NOT want to take my quarters. Good grief, when I can't even manage to operate a vending machine (how hard can it be to shove quarters into a slot???), the omens do not portend a good day.

I skipped the board meeting for the state homeschool organization. A lot of important things on the agenda today. But I just couldn't handle the trip in the midst of all the necessities of changing homes after 17 years.

Brought the clothes home from the laundromat, intending to throw them into the dryer. But it took THREE trips to the hardware store before it finally would work. I couldn't manage it, no matter how hard I tried, but Paul hooked up the exhaust vent, as well as changed the outlet.

Made a good dent in cleaning the basement. Pretty soon those cupboards downstairs will be clean enough so that we can begin unpacking the things that need to be stored in the basement. The boys put together three more sets of bookshelves today, so the books can be unpacked as soon as we get a few other tasks accomplished.

Also got a lot of hooks hung up on walls so that some stuff can get off the floors and counters. I love these hooks that don't mar the wall!

The cats have begun to explore outside. They don't go too far (yet) and they come back. But Maggie is stressed whenever the kitties are out gallavanting.

Paul got the baseboards varnished so that Gary can install them in the one bedroom tomorrow evening. He also varnished and attached legs to the legless table for the breakfast nook. Hey, tomorrow we'll no longer need to sit on the floor for all meals!

Worked on some more address changes. Made several phone calls. Andrew had unpacked my computer and set it up for me this afternoon. After phoning APT, I wanted to get online and invite homeschoolers to the annual Shakespeare outing in September. But there were password problems and other glitches with the ISP: it took over two hours (and great frustration on my part, and a whole lot of Gary's assistance, and a long time on the phone with the provider) before I could use the email. That seems to be fixed, but a few things still are not working right. Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment