Sunday, March 09, 2008

Black Stove

Bread crumbs and spilled salt and cotton lint show up a whole lot more on a black stovetop than on a white stovetop.

Cats don't much appreciate being moved to a new home.

When a family is moving into a house, there are more things to fix, more projects to tackle, and more decisions to make than I dreamed possible.

With much help from friends, we have transferred the beds, the dressers, the piano, most of the appliances, and much of the cookware to the new house. But there's still a lot to be done at the old house. I wonder where the motivation to DO it will come from, when things are getting kinda nicely settled here? And when my body is sore and aching from 1) a fall on the ice last week, and then 2) all that physical labor of lifting and hauling?

3 comments:

  1. What do you have to do at the old house, yet? And...I know the woes of a black topped stove, too. Bummer...but at least you can cook food! I do have to wipe the top of the stove every day now...it has just become part of the routine. We missed you today, but talked about you and your POOL!

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you fried anything on it? Grease is s lovely on black. Even better; the film left the first time you clean it. It may be gone by the third time.
    Congrats on the new house! So glad to hear things are looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, we haven't fried anything yet. I suppose I may want to keep some Dawn around?

    Laura, what we have at the old house is what didn't fit on the truck or in the van on the four trips I've made since Saturday. Let's see, a couple of bookshelves, Paul's art desk, Mag's nightstand, the cookbooks, a bunch of the out-of-season clothing, the porch swings, the lawnmower & edger, canning jars, the trunks, other assorted stuff, and everything from Gary's study.

    Wipe the top of the stove every day? I used to wipe the white one 2-4 times a day. This black one just screams out to be wiped clean 5 times per meal. I think I'm going to have to chill about a messy stovetop.

    ReplyDelete