Tuesday, February 19, 2008

But we have fuel...

I realize it's cold outside, but c'mon, when the thermostat is set at 68, it seems like it should be a little warmer than 62 in the warmest part of the house.

I went to drop off the van today for an alignment after the accident, then voted. Came home to start dinner and a couple of batches of bread. Then I discovered the oven doesn't work. It's not a fuel shortage: the stove and broiler work. This pushed back dinner several hours. The repairman tells me it'll be $150 to fix it. So do we fix a stove? If we don't, we can't very well try to sell it. While the boys and I were trying to figure out some do-it-yourself information on the internet, I managed to burn the carrots for the dinner that was finally almost ready in the late afternoon. Shoot.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about looking on Craigslist? You might be able to get a new-to-you and improved stove for less than the $150 it would take to repair the current one - especially if you're not a fan of sealed burners. If you are anticipating a move soon and aren't able to fix it yourself, you might save a few dollars that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about Craigslist. Erin told me about it once, and it looked like a really cool thing. I should probably try to get acquainted with it. Thanks, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete