Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ease

I baked bread tonight. I didn't have to go out in the rain to do it. I only had to walk six measly feet to flip the dial to preheat the oven -- instead of 600'.

I baked a pie tonight. I knew how hot the oven would be, without having to make wild guesses as to the accuracy of the church's oven dial. We sniffed the lovely aroma of the cherries as they baked. I could be washing dishes while continuing to check the doneness-level of the pie, or helping Paul with his ACT registration, instead of standing at church doing nothing while I waited the last 10-15 minutes for the pie to finish.

And some hungry boys needed a quick supper. So I grabbed a package of hamburger, nuked it to thaw, and slapped some hamburgers into the skillet on the stove top.

OH, I LOVE HAVING A STOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment