Friday, August 24, 2007

Procrastinator Tips

First, a couple of serious ones.

Do the things you most want to do when you have the most energy to do them.

When you're feeling stuck in your work, don't stop working. Wor on something else, like trimming your lawn, cleaning your house, or organizing your closets.


And then some others.

Overworking can kill brain cells; procrastination can re-grow them. Balance the two for optimum health.

If procrastination had only negative consequences, very few people would engage in it.

2 comments:

  1. Our family calls doing something you don't like, "Eating a frog." So eat your frog first and then do the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens when you've got a 97-foot frog, and eating the frog will take forever, and the fun stuff is thus totally out of reach??

    But (for the most part) we have the same rule. Do the work first, and then play. Maggie simply cannot get it through her head, though.

    I think the thing I liked about those first two procrastinator tips was the reality of when you've got two frogs to eat. :-) For example, I was making great headway on the decluttering that I need to do. I was motivated. I felt like working on it. It was satisfying to have eliminated another huge pile of stuff. But then I got derailed against my will, and now I can't seem to get back to it and so am tackling another job. If I can't get the oomph going to get back to the first job, at least do something else that needs doing. (My problem arises when my children think they're choosing between washing dishes and playing video games. Then I don't CARE which they'd rather do!)

    ReplyDelete