Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Can I Help?

When Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

So they try to happy-up Momma. Somebody wants to give hugs. Somebody offers to bake cookies. (With chocolate.) Somebody offers to do an unusual chore (like car washing or carpet shampooing).

WHY (why why why?) don't they understand that the thing that will happy-up Momma is just doing what they're supposed to do? Just the plain old boring stuff? Do the chores that are your chores. Maybe even go wild and crazy, and do them without being reminded! Do the schoolwork on your to-do list. Bite your tongue when the sibling-squabbles begin.

I don't need the carpet shampooed when the bathroom hasn't even been cleaned. I don't need a hug to make me happy; I need the munchkins to quit fighting over which bed the cat sleeps on. Why is this so hard for them to understand?

At least today was better than yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we're going through that here in spades, too....

    It's really simple, if you use it, PUT IT AWAY.

    I about screamed yesterday (okay, maybe I actually screamed yesterday) I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE, I DON'T HAVE TO BE A MAID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have a college degree and worked as a maid. And I wouldn't mind working as a maid again. Pay isn't bad, and it doesn't stress the brain cells or the emotions. But I don't want to work as a maid without being paid (!) while also working as a cook and a chauffeur and a nurse and a teacher and a laundress ....

    ReplyDelete