Monday, August 29, 2011

Green Beans

Fresh lettuce and spinach out of the garden in spring is a delight. Potatoes, onions, carrots, beets, zucchini -- whatever we grow is better-than-bought. I love my berry-parade through June's strawberries, July's raspberries, and late summer's blackberries.

But there are two things that are exquisite beyond all the rest:

the first tomatoes, in bruschetta salad or tomato sandwiches or simply salt-&-peppered

and the first mess o' steamed green beans.



Tonight is green bean night. Yum! I love how they squeak like fresh cheese curds!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! My kids love them sautéed with garlic, mushrooms (well not all the kids like those), and almonds. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I had to give up wheat and gluten, I'm not getting NEARLY the enjoyment out of my tomatoes. I like them in and on things, but am not a big "just tomatoes" eater, so my choices are more limited!

    (but oh! I do love the green beans, too!)

    ReplyDelete