Sunday, January 31, 2010

Update on the Mundane

I'm getting close to finishing an editing project I've been working on for nearly two months now. I've got to get it completed so that we can get back to regular school-school instead of putzy attempts at school.

Andrew and Maggie had friends over yesterday. One of them spent the night. Maggie spent the afternoon with another friend. School at Peace is canceled tomorrow due to 1/3 of the kids & teachers being sick, so we will be sleeping in tomorrow instead of going to chapel.

Leah and Maggie and I got back to our Greek study last week.

The cats are enjoying the warm weather. In other words, I haven't had to clean the litter box in more than 48 hours. Hooray!

Laundry is caught up. Housecleaning is not.

Gary and I went out with two other couples tonight to celebrate birthdays. We have three birthdays within four days, and it's fun to celebrate together (even if we're rather late for our own birthday party). It's so good to sit with friends and talk. Something possessed me this afternoon, and I made a cherry pie and a banana cream pie so that we could have dessert at home instead of at the restaurant. Yum.

The sun has been shining 4 out of the last 5 days. That's a lovely change after two weeks of sunlessness.

In another day or two, we should have all the 1099s and W-2s and I'll "get to" start on the taxes and Paul's financial aid forms. But at least there's leftover pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment