Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Down-Sizing

Paul left to go back to Mankato this morning.

Why does it seem so quiet? Why does this seem so weird and empty?

Last time I had only two children living at my house was more than 22 years ago.

Last time I had only two cars in my driveway was more than 11 years ago.

I get to see Paul tomorrow when I drive the van-load full of his stuff to dorm. But there's an odd feeling today, like it's time to start a new life, re-arrange the family and my duties and our school in a whole new way.

Where does one begin???
I don't know if I'm up to this.

2 comments:

  1. Susan
    welcome to the prospect of having enough time to get your
    "list of the day" accomplished!!! yay!!
    or
    the alternate possibility of adding more "stuff to do" to the list!!
    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hardest part for me was that I kept cooking for four kids long after we only had two kids left at home. What I finally figured out was that if I kept cooking in the quantities I was accustomed to, we could just eat the same thing two nights in a row, giving me a night off of cooking. Luckily my dh enjoys eating the same thing two nights in a row :)

    ReplyDelete