Wednesday, March 11, 2009

That Stack of Books

I have been doing more schoolwork with the kids, but still I feel like I'm not doing enough, like I'm letting them down, like they deserve more attention and guidance.

So here's what happens. This evening Gary sits down in the living room with his work-computer and a pile of jobs that need to be accomplished before he goes in to the office tomorrow morning. And there's a pile of books, oh, about a foot high, on the coffee table. Surely these are not all in use, right? Surely they can be put away, right? Surely they don't need to be hogging the coffee table.

I looked at the stack. And would you believe it? Every single book on that stack was used for school TODAY.

Maybe I'm not doing nothing.

(But it's still not enough.
I gotta solve that.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can relate. My kitchen table was overflowing with books today. Maybe half of them got used. If we could just avoid all the interruptions, we'd get to more. Isn't that just what we always say? Well, I better stop avoiding what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing (planning a music class for tomorrow) and do it! All we can get out of a day is 24 hours... :-)

    ReplyDelete