Sunday, March 08, 2009

Jesus Walked on Water

So I'm doing some hunting for information on icons, and I'm looking for something on the icon of Jesus Walking on the Water. As I'm googling fruitlessly prior to a library-run, I find a variety of things that make me bust out laughing.

-- Snopes suggests that Jesus didn't walk on water, but was on a patch of fast-freezing ice floating in the sea.

-- A headline on insufficient archeological proof about Jesus and His ministry: "Did Jesus Walk on Water? Prof Can't Find Footprints."

-- And finally, a suggestion that maybe Jesus walked on the water because He couldn't swim.

Oh yeah.

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of a joke...
    Shortly after George W Bush took office, the Pope visited to pay his respects. The Bushes took him out on the Presidential yacht. At one point, a hefty gust of wind came up and blew the Pope's miter into the water. President Bush said, "Allow me, Your Holiness." He climbed down the side of the boat, walked across the water, retrieved the miter, and returned it to the relieved pontiff.
    The next day's headline read, "Bush Can't Swim."

    -giggle-

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you didn't find one, here's my favorite icon of this: http://www.thehtm.org/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=89&osCsid=74210aca6831d3eb8bfd47397a6dc7ca

    ReplyDelete