Sunday, March 08, 2009

Make Her a Mathematician

Alia is big enough to grab things now, but most of today's toys are too big for little hands. (We wouldn't want them to choke, now, would we?) I've got some old-fashioned toys that she could get her little fingers around, but at the moment of this picture, the only thing within reach was Andrew's compass for geometry. So she was enjoying that. Problem was, it was too long, and she couldn't figure out how to get the end of it in her mouth ... which is, after all, the only point in grabbing anything, right? Her puzzlement provided much amusement for the big people.

(By the way, for you homeschoolers who have yet to get to geometry, I love these compasses. No holes in the textbook or notebook. No temptation to poke your sister.)

3 comments:

  1. Alia is getting so big! What a cutie. It looks like her hair is falling out like Audrey's did (maybe it's coming in?). I wonder why that happens. You get all excited when the baby is born and you see that full head of hair, but it's just a trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Alia's bald spot is starting to fill in again. Y'know, my tummy-sleeping kids had a little hair loss too, although my kids were pretty bald to start with. (Hey, no wonder people thought they looked like their daddy!) I'm wondering if that middle-of-the-back-of-the-head bald spot is bigger and lasts longer in babies who sleep on their backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to comment on how OLD Alia looks. :) I like that compass, too -thank you. Give my daughter's "creativity" a traditional compass is NOT something that should be in our house for many many years yet.

    ReplyDelete