Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Three Trips to Town

I deliver Shoppers, the bi-weekly local ad-papers. Today is the day before Thanksgiving. I expected the papers to be huge today. But, c'mon... when it takes three trips to town because they're that big and they wouldn't fit in the van in one or two loads? Wow.

In delivering those sale-ads, I have hereby done my duty to the economy, and I fully intend to hide in my house on Friday! Y'all have "fun" with the crowds out in the malls and the big-box stores in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. We went shopping the day after Thanksgiving once (about 12-13 years ago) and I thought it was nuts then. We didn't go early in the morning, just took my mom to pick out a mother's ring.

    I, too, will be staying home on Friday. Shopping online to take advantage of the free shipping and markdowns, but not going hog wild. We plan to bake, craft and decorate and watch the Nebraska/Colorado game (assuming it is on TV).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shopping for us, either. We'll be moseying up to central Texas to visit more family (my sisters) on Friday.

    ReplyDelete