Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Crockpot Lids

Two crockpots in perfectly decently shape. Except for the lids. I hate to think of heating elements that work fine, and a crock that works fine, all going to waste because of broken lids. (One lid had been cracked for over a year, but finally landed in the dumpster in recent months. The other one's lid shattered tonight.)

Is this normal? Is this how crockpots meet their doom? An innocent little flaw like a broken lid?

By the way, I tried looking online to buy a lid. But the cost of replacement and shipping was more than buying a whole new crockpot.

We need a matchmaking service for crockpots whose lids have broken to make marriages with lids whose crocks have broken. Then we could celebrate new life to appliances! More money in our wallets! And less garbage in the landfills!

7 comments:

  1. And they'd have such cute babies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I was in Goodwill, there were lots of crock pot lids stacked up on a shelf. I'm on my third lid for my old (as in 20 years) crock pot....Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not seeing anything the right size on ebay. But I should probably write down the dimensions of the lids I need, and check each time we happen to be in Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to get a replacement lid at a store that sells Pyrex dishes, I think it cost around $4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll echo the thrift store recommendation. Always seems to be piles of orphan (spouse-less?) lids there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to drive into town today to pick up my new old-lady glasses. The eye doctor is right across the road from Goodwill, so I stopped to check. Not one crockpot lid in the store! Not even a whole crockpot from which I could scavenge a lid. Bummers.

    ReplyDelete