Thursday, August 30, 2007

Clean Refrigerator

Things are crazy-busy right now. And my brain is filled with thoughts of articles I'd like to write, a place where I'd like to try to get a job, and a host of other NEW responsibilities to add to the to-do list. Why do I get the urge to start new projects when I can't even handle the duties I have now?

And then the thought occurred to me: if I'm doing such a lousy job at what I'm busy with now, maybe I could have success if I did something different. Failing at this job? Find a different job where I be great! Sounds reasonable. Except that the jobs I currently have are the ones most important to me, and the last thing they need is MORE neglect.

And that is why my refrigerator is clean today. Philip and I were disappointed in the car we looked at this morning for him. My car is in the shop for a $1600 bit of upkeep. I'm telling myself that paid employment is not the solution to anything; it would just distract from the more important work of cooking and cleaning and teaching (and taking Maggie to the beach). So instead of contacting a potential employer, I just cleaned the fridge instead. Okay, so it's a small success. But it is a success nonetheless. Now, to keep car-hunting and mowing and doing history with the boys and all those other things.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the clean refrigerator TOTALLY! I defrosted the freezer in the wash room yesterday. Now I'll bask in that accomplishment for a week. (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Susan, saw Pastor at the conference at Charity, Burleson. I really liked his presentation. It gave Curt and I quite a bit to talk about this evening. Sure wish we could have had him over this evening, but I know that he and the other pastors had a good time tonight. Tell him, that it cooled off here after a brief shower, got down to 80!

    Are you looking for part time work? Kennedy's mom was telling me that I should go to Assisted Living Centers and see if they have any clients who need drivers. She was telling me that a friend of hers was paid $10 to $12 an hour by family members of some of the clients. It was something her friend did a couple of days a week for half the day. Carla said this friend of hers had a waiting list of families who were interested in her driving their loved ones to doctor appointments, the store, etc.

    I am thinking about checking into it. Of course, Curt says that it has to pay enough to offset wear and tear on the car as well as gas. That's the only drawback.

    LU

    ReplyDelete