Friday, June 08, 2007

Stress Relief

Barbara links to an online calculator to help determine whether a wife's job actually adds income or costs the family more than she earns.

One item I found interesting was the cost of items purchased to relieve job stress. Examples were liquor and double lattes. I can understand the treats for stress relief. I know I yearn for Culvers or Snickers more when things are rough. But maybe the amount of things I can manage to do without is in indicator that our boring little life in the boring little country is a LOVELY thing!

My version of stress relief is usually reading aloud to the kids or watching a romantic comedy. Much cheaper than Starbucks. (Oh no! Now all my Starbucks-loving friends are going to be pelting me with rotten tomatoes!)

6 comments:

  1. Not pelting here -- that just leaves all the more Starbucks for me....although how I'll get it from WI to OH, I don't know.

    My current favorite stress reliever is Black Velvet and gingerale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pelting here either--I drink Caribou, not Starbuck's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a coffeee drinker, but I am addicted to their shaken iced green tea (unsweetened).

    ReplyDelete
  4. One would think that I could learn to make it at home as well as they do.....but even with the same tea, I can't....Maybe they line their cups with some magical taste better powder....hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often thought that there must be some unknown ingredient that makes Starbucks so addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But Seattle's Best is so much better than Starbucks... smooth and easy to drink, no matter how strong it comes...

    ReplyDelete