Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Make-Up

My mom is pretty.

When my husband first met my folks, Mom was 42 and Dad was 46. My husband thought my mom was so pretty and young-looking, and my dad was so handsome and young-looking, that he'd be safe snagging their daughter for a bride. He figured she'd age well.

I suppose part of this is just luck and genes. But I think part of it is that my mom hates make-up.

Actresses have to wears loads of make-up. When you see them out of make-up, they aren't so pretty. They look older than they are. Make-up may gussy up a face. It may give a woman a lovely painting on the front part of her head. It may make her look better today than she'd look without the make-up today. But sometimes it seems to wear out a person's beauty too quickly.

My mom will turn 70 this year. But she looks SO much younger. Keeping my fingers crossed that I age as nicely...

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! What a compliment!!!! I don't think I deserve all that, but you are certainly right about the dislike for make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with all of that. My great grandma is 97 and looks like she is in her early 70s and my mom even with her white hair looks good. Some people think that I am in my early 20s even though I am in my early 30s.

    I can't see the point of putting it all on every morning and feeling icky with it on and the pimples that I get afterwards. It is not worth it.

    ReplyDelete