Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Psalm 119

Y'all probably wonder why I'm going on and on about Psalm 119. It's just that I hated it for so long. I'm such a legalist that I couldn't hear it in any way other than pats on the back for myself for being such an obedient person. And I chafed at that. I couldn't be as obedient as I ought. So I tried to avoid Psalm 119 whenever it came up in the psalm-chart cycle. But last time we got to it (two months ago) I decided to try reading it again. And I loved it! Yes yes yes! It was great! And now I'm so excited about it.

Like when we read keeping God's law. If keeping is "obeying," that means something totally different from keeping as "hanging onto."

And testimonies. What if God's testimonies are kinda sorta like His "testament"?

And each set of 8 verses seems to have something somewhere about mercy.

And what if we look at those places where it says "Your Word" as if it is not only the enscriptured Word but also the incarnate Word? "Forever, O Lord, Your Word is settled in the heavens." And "that I may keep Your Word."

No comments:

Post a Comment