Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Upgraded from Techno-Dunderhead to Techno-Challenged

The guy I live with looked at me last night and wanted to know where his wife was and what I'd done with her.

Seems he can't believe it any more than I can.

Before going to the Higher Things conference, I bought a Tracfone. No way was I going to spend money on a "real" cell phone. It's hard enough for me to even make one of those contraptions work. Sure, after an hour of lessons, I learned to answer the phone or place a call. But to check messages or voice-mail, that's beyond my limits. Hence a tracfone that I can turn on and off, and which I can pretty much ignore unless I have an emergency. If my kids would dare to call me when I wasn't expecting it, though, I probably wouldn't find the message for a month. Well, today my phone was due to expire. So yesterday I managed to recharge the phone all on my own. (If you can't figure out why I'm so proud of myself, you don't know me very well, do you? And if you do know me, you're laughing at me now!)

I managed to set up the blog with virtually no help from the kids. I wanted to put a few links on my blog, but my eldest daughter (who does know me well)told me to hold off on that until she was available to help. Well, today I managed to figure it out all by myself.

Next thing you know, I might be able to figure out how to program the VCR or set an alarm clock. Then my husband will surely be on the phone with the authorities, asking for reports on UFOs abducting humans....

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow I have not even figured out how to add links to my blog. I am proud of you Susan.

    ReplyDelete