Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Disclaimer Notification as Prequel to "The Genius-Child Dance"

I think my kids are great. They're nice people. They're unique. (Boy, are they unique!) I enjoy their company.

And I love them. Not only that, but I love them unconditionally. If they don't get good grades or earn high salaries or garner awards, that's okay. My love for them doesn't depend on their "success."

However, now and then, I just want to brag about them. There's this little theological niche deep down in me that says I oughtn't be so proud of their achievements. After all, I love them unconditionally, and not based on merit.

But I wanna brag anyway. After all, momming is a left-hand kingdom occupation too. Right? And in the kingdom of the left, hey, a whole lotta stuff is based on merit. Just ask the guy who signs your paycheck....

No comments:

Post a Comment