Sunday, September 10, 2006

For Jane

Well, Jane, I have finally succumbed. What with thinking of things during vacation that I wanted to blog about, and with your persistent prodding for many a year, and with getting my feet wet on MHMoms, I finally decided to go to blogger and see if I could figure any of this out. And I am figuring it out! Woo hoo!

We have a mama wild turkey in the backyard, and three babies. It's been fun watching them. They grow so fast. Amazing that the cat hasn't had a raw-turkey snack yet. I guess she's getting spoiled in her old age, and prefers her turkey roasted and deboned from her slave (that would be me). I suspect that the baby turkeys are raiding my blackberry canes for their vitamins and sweets. Oh well, it's not like the crop was very valuable this year anyhow.

Tomorrow morning I have a date. I've been wanting to meet Cheryl from Loopers for a few years. She and her family are on a brief vacation nearby. You know I must really want to meet Cheryl because I'm actually looking forward to dragging my sorry hide out of bed at an entirely unreasonable hour tomorrow morning so that we can have coffee and pastries at Paneras, and then get back to the mommy-duties we each have. Oh, this is gonna be fun!

7 comments:

  1. I get to be your first comment!

    Welcome to blogger, mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere!!!!!!

    I'm looking forward to further reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda like scrapbooking Susan. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are among us now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late, but welcome to bloggerland, Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete